Shelby County residents only. 4 tires per week.
Please dispose of lumber only in the solid waste area, not in the brush pile.
Recycling and Solid Waste Disposal
There is no charge for recycling. We are accepting recyclable items at the Shelby County Recycling Center and the Seventh Street Shelbyville location, currently self service drop off only.
Please separate items into one of the following categories and drop into the appropriate bin.
- Small fee for non-recyclables
- Automated scales weigh your vehicle before and after you dispose of trash
- $0.035 per pound (for example 20 pounds costs 70 cents)
- Pay with credit/debit card or county card
Tire and Brush Disposal
- Available to Shelby County residents only
- Limit 4 tires per week
- Contractors disposing of brush must fill out a Residential Verification Form. To download or print the form, select the following link: Residential Verification Form
Document Shredding Service
- Currently available
- No fee
- TVs may be disposed of in the solid waste area.
- Recycling markets change and may affect what materials we can accept without notice.